Skip to main content

Tom’s Tuesday Tip

By April 19, 2022No Comments

Things in your garage that are NOT covered by your homeowners insurance policy – under Coverage A the house or Coverage B – other structures. Auto’s is obvious but so are unlicensed autos or antique autos under restoration. Motorcycles, dirt bikes, 4-wheelers need their own insurance. Boats, sea-doos need their own insurance. Snowmobiles too. RVs and campers need their own insurance too.

Don’t assume because it is in storage that that building covers your item. Remember that huge storage fire at the old Bethlehem site? All those people who stored items there needed their own insurance policy. Know your risks, know how to protect your things.